Monday, November 15, 2010

Make A Wish

Koda was referred to the Make A Wish foundation and was selected to be able to participate in the program! He was so excited when he recieved a box from them in the mail. It was a little tower and in the box was a key. He will use this key at the Make A Wish building when he goes in to make his wish. He will go into the wishing tower and has to use this key to be able to unlock to door to get in! They make this experience so special for these kids and i am so very grateful that Koda gets to do this. He certainly deserves it!
When the director from Make A Wish called me and explained that he qualified and the things that were to come in this process i couldn't help but cry...on the phone, it just makes me so happy knowing that Koda gets to wish for what he wants most and they will do what they can to make this wish come true. He has been through entirely too much in his 2 short years of life and he more than deserves this, i am so happy for him!
I have been trying to explain the process to Koda by saying...."ok koda, do you know how you have to go to the doctors all the time and you get pokies all the time and they give your fishy (port) drinks (chemo) all the time, and you have to take medicine all the time, and have this scar? Koda this isn't what kids usually have to do... you are special and you are truly a super hero and these people want you to wish for whatever you want to wish for and they will do their best for you"  I'm hoping he understands! Right now i ask koda "if you could have anything you wanted what would you get?"
Koda: trucks, monster trucks, and a dump truck
Me: If you could meet any one in the world who would it be?
Koda: Pluto
Me: If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Koda: To get more trucks and dump trucks
So... we shall see how this goes. In 2-3 weeks we will be meeting with his wish granters so they can talk to Koda and get to know him and figure what his true wish would be! Can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. Hooray! I can't wait to hear about his wish and the whole process. We just recently went and declared Elena's wish and it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is such great news for Koda! I can't wait to hear what he wishes for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex: we just found out from Make A Wish two days ago that we will be going to Disneyworld January 1st-7th! We are so excited!! Even us adults are like kids at Christmas! :) It is nice to have something so wonderful to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I am so excited you guys get to do this. You all deserve it SO much! I cant wait to hear what he wishes for. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO fun! These kids deserve anything they want and more! You will have to let me know how it goes because Chase turned 2 in March so they are pretty close to the same age I think! I have been so nervous of how Chase would handle it all because when I ask him if he could have anything he wants it is a new car or truck. So we are on the same path of getting them a new hotwheels car for their MAW!!! How long after he was refered did they contact you? I swear Chase was refered forever ago and we have not been contacted at all! Keep us updated on his wish. I am excited to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!! I am so glad Koda gets to make a wish. Such a great thing for him and for you guys as his family. He is such a sweet boy! I am excited to see what he picks to do. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete