Koda and i started our journey out to primary children's this morning at 8:30 and there was so much stinkin traffic! We didn't get there until 9:15 ish... Koda was so brave today getting his pokie, but the nurse accessing him couldn't get the needle to go in for some odd reason, he said it felt like he was only hitting metal (the port has a soft middle and metal outsides) so the nurse was worried that the port had flipped over, meaning that koda would have to get surgery and get the port replaced, ugh...i was panicking, he already has a monster scar! The nurse re-gloved and got a new needle and gave it another shot and this time had sucsess! It's always so horrifying when things like this come up and i wonder to myself, what more does this child seriously have to go through? Anyway, they drew his blood and his counts came back just where they wanted them! WBC:2.1, HCT:37, PLT:275, ANC:1.3 and he now weighs 35 pounds!
His chemo wasn't ready when it was time for us to head down to the RTU at 11 so they told us to come back up after his spinal tap. They were a little behind down in the RTU so we just played and i met another incredible cancer mom, Erin and her son Kace who also has leukemia! Koda kept complaining and saying that he was so tired and just wanted to take his "little nap" (sedation) so needless to say it took him a while to wake up from the anesthesia today. He woke up and asked for apple juice, string cheese, and a slushy! He got all three and was a joyful boy, poor thing coulnd't eat until after is spinal tap/spinal chemo. Back up to clinic after that and koda got his vincristine chemo and played with Kace a little and we were off! I had to drag him outta there, he was so mad to have to leave! A huge thank you to primary children's for making it such an enjoyable place for these sweet kids! Today was the longest we have been at the hospital since the delayed instensification days... a little over 4 hours today! Not too bad though!
Koda and Kace... This is the ONLY one that turned out somewhat after 10 attempts on my camera!
I saw this quote on my friend, Becca's, blog and wanted to share it , it has so much meaning in my life! Thanks Becca!
"BLESSINGS
I asked for a miracle,
I got one.
It wasn't what i asked for,
But it was exactly
WHAT I NEEDED."
Koda is such a tender hearted little boy, it causes me grief on the days that i look at him and think "cancer", seriously? How can such a little body have CANCER? But i think it has humbled me immensley, this child has been through so much yet he is such a happy, loving child! I want to be a tougher person because of him! I know that he is going through this for a reason, i have no doubt about it, I know my father in heaven places certain trials in our lives for our own refinement and to make us who he wants us to be and for us to learn the things he wants us to learn, maybe it was for me? Maybe it was WHAT I NEEDED as said in that quote above...I can't wait until the day that i can find out the meaning of this trial in my sweet baby's life! He is going to be such a strong, empathetic person because of this! I love him! I need to also say that i KNOW things with koda COULD be so much worse than they are, i want to express my gratefulness to my father in heaven for the blessings that have been poured down upon koda and gracie and I, Koda is doing exceptionally well with the trials he has been given and i am so grateful!
I love reading updates on our cancer friends. I think that Koda is so handsome and he is such a good kid. I absolutely love the quote you shared. I really know that our trials teach us the things we need to learn. Thank you so much for your example and testimony!
ReplyDeleteLove, Jill
Hi Koda!
ReplyDeleteMy name is Jenna and I came across your site. U are a brave courageous fighter and a real inspirational hero.
I was born with a rare life threatening diease.
www.miraclechamp.webs.com
I like to read updates related to any cancer disease. If you have information about cervical cancer than please share on your blog.
ReplyDelete